If you purchased Wretched Bastards at DrivethruRPG or Big Geek Emporium, you can now download The Seven Bastards scenario for free. If you haven’t purchased it yet, well it’s a good reason to do it now as it includes a free 76-page scenario.
Years ago a group of lewd and rowdy adventurers, collectively known as The Seven Bastards, was expelled from the village of Fork for their belligerent and salacious ways. But when consecutive bands of orcs start coming down from the mountains south of the village, leaving a trail of destruction in their wake, the locals find no support in their lord, Windom, the Earl of Andril, too distracted with the mysterious disappearance of his young daughter to care about any other trouble. The villagers turn to the only ones who can help them in a time of need, the Bastards.
The Seven Bastards includes:
– A detailed location – the village of Fork – complete with NPCs and enough plot hooks for several sandbox-style adventures
– Seven pregenerated characters
– More information about the Wretched Bastards setting, the world of Antillia, including antagonist factions and ancient history
– Carousing activities for Bastard characters
– Using cards as a random event/ encounter generator
A set of landscape-oriented inserts (8x 8.5″ x 11″ pages) for Wretched Game Masters. Four are illustrated panels with evocative and wretched art by Warghoul (aka Lore Forge Meister) who also did the cover and some interior art for Wretchploitation. The inner panels contain rules references and tables for GMs running games of Wretched Bastards, Wretched Country, Wretched Époque, Wretchploitation, and Wretched New Flesh (or any of the planned games for the Wretched line). This is a work in progress and it will be updated when new games are released.
Millennia ago, Adityans ruled Antillia. They were an advanced space-faring civilization that used this world for their genetic experiments. Through those genetic engineering projects, the Human race was born. But they also designed other creatures, mixing human and animal DNA. That’s how the Furry Bastards came to be.
Travelling together purely for their own profit and unreasonable gains, they are a heartless, callous, and fearless bunch of reprobates. They protect, honour and obey purely for their own good. Taking on jobs, slitting throats and hunting orcs just to satisfy their lust for blood. More pre-generated characters for The Seven Bastards, a couple of new locations and random tables by Joe Coombs.
– The Wretched rules are OSR, mostly compatible with Lamentations of the Flame Princess and many other games. You don’t need them, but if you want to pick some ideas from there (they were adapted for playing anti-heroes) they were also released on Drivethru:
– Every release will be released in pdf and print-on-demand (as long as they are sizeable enough for print)
– The Seven Bastards will be the next release. It was the scenario that started this and it will probably be one of the largest adventures in the line. But we’ll publish it without rules (the initial plan was to attach the rules to this one).
– After releasing seven scenarios (our lucky bastard number) we’ll release an anthology. Or two, most likely: one d20 and the other 2d6 OGL. The anthology will feature original art by David and Melissa Guyll.
Daughters of Darkness, the introductory scenario for the Wretched Bastards world, is set in the idyllic countryside landscapes of the Var Valley, one of the most fertile lands in Antillia. Not anymore, though: there’s a mysterious plague rotting the crops. Ultimately the rot will get to the souls of the locals, unless a bunch of Bastards can stop the blight. Of course, they might as well decide just to raise some hell… [Wretched Bastards is an OSR game where players get to play despicable anti-heroes for a change]